How Jazz Unlimited Supports Jazz
One of the primary functions of Jazz Unlimited is to help develop the next generation of jazz artist by sponsoring scholarship competitions to provide funds to these young aspiring musicians to help further their education. Scholarship competition applications and information can be found here.
Since 1971 Jazz Unlimited has provided an outlet for comradery among those who love jazz. Where individuals can come together to enjoy and support jazz in metro Milwaukee. The organization relies on membership at various levels using yearly dues to allow itself to promote jazz in the community and to fund scholarship opportunities. Jazz Unlimited is a non-profit organization. For information about the Jazz Unlimited can be found here.
To keep jazz in the public's ear Jazz Unlimited sponsors jazz events to give local and national jazz artist venues to present jazz to the community through concerts and other opportunities. Jazz Unlimited provides a event publication to inform the public of jazz events that can be seen here. There is also a calendar which can be found here.
To support the art of jazz in all its forms and encourage local jazz musicians, composers and venues by cultivating an interest in jazz through local live performances, youth scholarship opportunities and community outreach throughout the Greater Milwaukee area.
Who We Are
- Jazz Unlimited of Greater Milwaukee is a community of jazz music lovers and musicians, who have promoted jazz in the Milwaukee area since 1974. Music lovers as well as musicians are welcome to join and support our activities.
- Jazz Unlimited supports occasional outreach recitals at senior facilities, music nights, club programs or events, and sit-in jam sessions. These provide additional opportunities for members to explore jazz music together without an audition.
- Jazz Unlimitedfosters the development of local talent and students through competitions and recitals. Via the Douglas M. Gmoser, Chuck Hedges, and Jazz Camp Scholarships it supports renowned international competitions for emerging professional wind, percussion, pianists, singers, and composers.
- Jazz Unlimited supports public event venues which also provide our performing members an array of locations to share their talents. Many of the venues have live jazz with no cover and are sponsored as a public service.
- Jazz Unlimited relies on modest annual dues (augmented by contributions) to cover its basic administrative, postage and newsletter production expenses.
- Jazz Unlimited is a non-profit organization run entirely by member volunteers (at a minimal cost) with the majority of its budget going to support its musical activities and scholarship prizes. This would not be possible without contributions from Jazz Unlimited members and donors who share in the vision espoused by the Jazz Unlimited Mission Statement.
- Jazz Unlimited. Download a hard copy By-Laws
Jazz Unlimited is listed on Benevity
Benevity is the global leader in online workplace giving, matching, volunteering and integrated grant management solutions. Some of the world’s most iconic brands rely on Benevity’s award-winning solutions to power their Goodness Programs and corporate philanthropy, helping them attract, retain and engage today’s workers by connecting people personally to causes that matter to them. Here is a link to our page.
Board Member Contacts
Chris Peppas "CP" (Correspondent at Large): Email
Dave Dombrowski (Sergeant-at-arms): Email
David Miller (President): Email
Natalie Zweck (Vice President): Email
Yvonne Zarcone (Treasurer): Email
Mike Mecha (Scholarships): Email
General Contact Information:
For General Questions:
David J. Miller (President)